The SCAN-A-LINEâ„¢ Model TCPU â€“Time Proportional Control Processing Unitâ€“ from Harris Instrument Corporation is a time proportional control processing unit for strip guiding applications. It is designed to provide a regulated power supply for a range of sensor configurations as well as signal processing and conversion for control interface with systems that have no servo or proportional valves. There are three main configurations for the Model TCPU:
- Level 1: For use with the EG-Series analog output sensors. Provides Directional Control Relays & position analog outputs for the Bargraph display.
- Level 2: For use with a single 10XAS-Series sensor with digital output. Provides Directional Control Relays & position analog output for the Bargraph Display.
- Level 3: Used with Dual 10XAS-Series sensors with digital outputs. Provides Directional Control Relays & position analog output for the Bargraph Display.
- Bargraph Display (Standard): Serves to visually represent the strip position signal from the sensor(s). The Bargraph Display also furnishes correction and video fault annunciators, and limit relays. It may be mounted remotely.
- Control Offset (OP Option): Offset of the control signal for final strip positioning with a ten-turn precision multi-dial.
- Auto-Zero (AZ Option): For 10XAS-Series sensors: Sets any strip position as a reference position (Level 3).
- First Edge Video (FEV Option): Pre-processor to detect the first edge viewed, ignoring all other edges (Level 3 ONLY).
- Left/Center/Right (LCR Option): Select desired guide point for position control â€“ Left, Center or Right (Level 3 ONLY).