All Harris Instrument Products are resilient, but some industrial applications require a greater degree of protection against crash damage, punishing heat, damaging chemicals, and brutal conditions. Thus, all SCAN-A-LINE sensors are available in fortified, ULTRA-TOUGH enclosures, to ensure dependable operation even in the most punishing conditions.
- Rugged Design:Â Cast walls up to 3/4″ [19mm] thick, 3/4″ [19mm] extruded aluminumÂ bezel and 3/8″ [9.5mm] thick borosilicate viewing windowÂ ensure that the ULTRA-TOUGHâ„¢ enclosure stands up toÂ almost any type of industrial punishment.
- Leak Resistant:Â RTV-108 seals, solvent resistant gaskets and maximum sealingÂ surfaces (at least 5/8″ [16mm] wide) enhance leak protection.Â The seals may also be ordered as PTFE TeflonÂ® and Epoxy sealantÂ for superior resistance to most solvents (CR Option).
- Retrofit Ready:Â Existing 10X-Series and EG-Series sensor electronics are fullyÂ compatible with the ULTRA-TOUGHâ„¢ enclosure, for quick andÂ easy upgrades. All SCAN-A-LINEâ„¢ 10X-Series sensors (10XAS-Series,Â 10XBR-Series), EG-Series sensors, and Hole DetectionÂ Sensors 10XHD-Series, 10XHS-Series & SHD-Series may be initiallyÂ ordered, or retrofitted with the ULTRA-TOUGHâ„¢ enclosures.
- Corrosion Resistant:Â ULTRA-TOUGHâ„¢ enclosures are painted with Nitro-Blue PolaneÂ Epoxy paint for superior resistance to most corrosive chemicals,Â especially kerosene.
- Easier Repairs:Â The entire viewing window bezel/cover plate assembly, withÂ the electronics attached, may be removed and replaced in theÂ field.